Monday, June 14, 2010

And the brewing begins

I thought it was time for me to write a new post as I keep getting questioned about how I am enjoying my hair. I guess I have been enjoying it so much that I hadn’t been writing about it to you all!!


Well first off I have been loving the new found relationship with my hair, I was talking with my friend Lucille and she told me that I was talking about my hair like it was a person!! But everyone that knows me knows that I did not fool with my “relaxed “hair that was what I went to the beauty shop for, that was my beautician’s domain. Well I have taken over that domain and have spent the past….hhmmm…. almost three weeks getting to know my hair. Of course we have our ups and downs, but what relationship doesn’t, right? 

So I have completely turned in to a natural hair junkie, I mean I am constantly reading about products, regimes, and anything else to do with natural hair. The more information I read the more confused I get, there is tons TONS of valuable information out there and it is just hard to find a starting point. I recently started using this conditioner by Giovanni called Smooth as Silk, it works really nicely on my hair and keeps my hair moisturized, which is really important for my hair. Well, today I ventured out and tried my hands with my first home concoctions. The first one was pretty simple as it was just adding freshly squeezed lemon juice to my normal conditioner. It says it is more clarifying and cleansing than any shampoo. It is supposed to add shine to your hair and remove buildup. It is good for very dry hair (which I have.) I used this in the shower and it made my hair soft and felt clean and stripped of buildup, but not of natural oils. I also mixed together an Avocado Wrap recipe which I got out of the “Curly Girl Handbook”, by Lorraine Massey ( actually I got both of these recipes from her book) ok so I mixed a ripe peeled and cored avocado with honey and *olive oil (*the original recipe calls for almond oil, but I substituted for olive oil.) I blended this in the blender and applied to wet hair. I wrapped my hair in plastic wrap. The recipe says to keep on hair for 20-30 minutes however I am going to keep it in overnight. I can see how the avocado can really help moisturize your hair because it was so oily and mushy to the touch. (Obviously I am not a guacamole eater or I would have probably known this all ready) Well, we shall see what that does for me. I am posting a picture of my concoction. It looks a little scary, but we shall see.



Nice chatting wit cha!!!!!

Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment